Terms & Conditions
1. General & Disclaimer
1.1. In these Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”), “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Platypus Shoes” or “platypusshoes.com.au” means Accent Group Limited trading as Platypus Shoes (ABN 85 108 096 251), its subsidiaries and associates (unless otherwise stated).
1.2. This website, and our online store (our “Website”), is a channel for customers to place orders for products we have available for purchase.
1.3. We will not be liable if, for any reason, the Website is not available at any time, for any period of time. We reserve the right to limit or restrict access to certain functionality, webpages, or the entirety of the Website.
1.4. While the information contained in the Website is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by Platypus Shoes in good faith on an "as is" basis. Platypus Shoes, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the Website, and none of them accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained in the Website.
1.5. You may have rights under Australian Consumer Law, and these T&C’s do not exclude any rights you have under Australian Consumer Law, or any applicable state/territory legislation.
1.6. To the extent (if any) that the content of the website does not satisfy the laws of a country other than Australia, it is not directed to persons in those countries and they should not use the website.
2.1. Platypus Shoes website and online store (collectively, our “Website”) is owned and operated by Platypus Shoes trading as Accent Group Limited (ABN 85 108 096 251)
2.2. Access and use of the Platypus Shoes website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers set out herein (our “T&Cs”).You should read them thoroughly before using our website and online store, or any goods and services provided through our website (collectively, our “Services”). Your use of the Platypus Shoes website constitutes your agreement to the T&Cs.
2.3. Platypus Shoes reserves the right to amend the T&Cs at any time and without notice to you. Platypus Shoes may change the T&Cs from time to time, and your continued use of the Platypus Shoes Website after any amendment becomes effective constitutes an agreement by you to abide, and be bound by, the T&Cs, as so amended. We will always publish a link to our current T&Cs from the website homepage at platypusshoes.com.au
2.4. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
3.1. The Products available on the Website are only available for sale to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. The products are not available to persons under the age of 18 years and any other persons who are legally prohibited from entering into binding contracts.
4. Orders, Pricing & Availabilty
4.1. Prices displayed within this Website are shown in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST where applicable. Pricing on a product detail webpage may not include delivery charges (if applicable). Please read the Shipping & Returns details contained within this website for more information regarding delivery charges.
4.2. Any Order placed by You in the manner described in this website is an offer to purchase a particular Product for the price (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) specified in this Website at the time you place your order on these Terms & Conditions.
4.3. Platypus Shoes reserves the right to accept or reject your order for any reason, including, without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or the product description posted on this website, or an error in your order.
4.5. Prices of products and services, as well as delivery and other charges displayed on this website are current at the time of issue, but may change at any time and are subject to availability. All pricing on our website is available online only, and is not transferable in-store, or vice versa, on occasion where pricing differs between the two.
4.6. Prices displayed on this website are inclusive of GST applied at the rate of 10%. You are responsible for any taxes, duties or other liabilities imposed by any government agency, including without limitation, any customs duty, goods and services taxes or any value added tax imposed on any product or services acquired or ordered by you from this website.
5.1. Payment is required at the time of purchase and placement of your order. Payment is charged/debited at the end of the complete check-out process. You will not be charged prior to the final step, and can choose not to proceed at any time before payment is taken.
5.2. We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard, American Express (AMEX), PayPal and Platypus Shoes Gift Cards and Vouchers. You must comply with the applicable T&Cs of these providers.
5.3. To use a Gift Card online, please ensure you have a valid Gift Card.
6. Fraud Protection
6.1. Platypus Shoes carries out activity to protect you, and our interests, from fraudulent orders and payments. A representative from Platypus Shoes may contact you directly as part of this protection process.
6.2. If Platypus Shoes determines an order is potentially fraudulent, we will not dispatch goods until we are satisfied that cardholder identification has been achieved and our Fraud Protection Process has been completed.
6.3. If you believe you have been a victim of a fraud, please contact our Fraud Protection Officervia our website contact form available here: https://help.platypusshoes.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new. Please ensure the subject line of your email is “ATTN: Fraud Protection Officer” so we can prioritise and escalate appropriately.
7.1. Please read the Refunds & Returns Policy contained within this website for refund details. Our Refunds & Returns Policy outlines the circumstances that a refund will be available to you.
8.1. Please read the Delivery Information contained within this website.
8.2. Delivery times are indicative only, and Platypus Shoes will not be liable for any failure to observe these delivery times.
9. Risk and Title
9.1. Platypus Shoes will retain title to the products you order until you have made payment in full for those products, but all risk in the products will pass to you upon their delivery to or collection by a postal or courier service.
9.2. You should consider whether you need to obtain any suitable insurance.
10. E-Newsletter Sign-Up
10.1. Subscribing to Platypus Shoes e-newsletter is not compulsory, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
10.2. We will never sell or share your information with third parties.
11. Online Account
11.1. Platypus Shoes offers the ability for you to create an Online Platypus Shoes Account.
11.2. You must provide true and factual information when creating an Online Account. You must keep your username and password confidential at all times. Platypus Shoes is entitled to assume that anybody accessing your account using your confidential username and password is you.
11.3. Be aware that others may access your account and private information if you do not sign-out before ending your session with Platypus Shoes. Be particularly cautious when using public computers or devices that do not automatically log you out when you exit your browser.
12. Limitation of Liability
12.1. Platypus Shoes will in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, resulting from use or inability to use the website or for the cost of procurement of substitute products or resulting from any products purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the website or resulting from unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of any information contained on this website, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, use, data or other intangible, even if Platypus Shoes has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
12.2. Where any Act of Parliament implies in the Terms and Conditions any term, condition or warranty, and that Act avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of, or liability under such term, condition or warranty, such term, condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in the Terms and Conditions, however, the liability of Platypus Shoes for any breach of such term, condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of Platypus Shoes to any one or more of the following:
If the breach relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
If the breach relates to services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
14.1. All content displayed on this site, including (but not limited to): all text, graphics, logos, names and trademarks (collectively, “Our Content”) is the property Platypus Shoes, or the property of their respective owners, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
14.2. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) no part of the website or Our Content may be reproduced, adapted, performed/presented in public or transmitted in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including further copying, recording, taping or by a storage and information retrieval system) without the specific prior written consent of Platypus Shoes.
15. Third party content, User content and Your content
15.1. At times the Website may contain links to other websites, which are not operated by us (“Linked Sites”). We may also provide embedded content hosted and controlled by third party providers (“Embedded Content”). Platypus Shoes has no control over Linked Sites and Embedded Content, and as such accepts no responsibility for them or any loss or damage to you that may arise from using them. Your use of Linked Sites or Embedded Content is entirely your choice and responsibility, and is subject to the T&Cs of Linked Sites and Embedded Content.
15.2. Platypus Shoes does not endorse, promote or recommend any the operators, or any person, organisation or corporation, associated with Linked Sites and Embedded Content unless explicitly stated.
15.3. At times you may be able to provide, contribute, upload and publish (collectively, “Publish”) your own data, content or materials (“User Content”) to, or through, our Website and associated websites (eg. our Blog, Facebook page, etc). User Content could include text, images, information, or comments, Published via email, comment, blog, enquiry, social media platforms, third-party partnerships and plug-ins, or other means.
15.4. You own any User Content that you Publish on Platypus Shoes Website (“Your Content”). Other users own any User Content they publish to Platypus Shoes Website. Platypus Shoes reserves the right to moderate, deny or remove any User Content, at any time, without explanation. We are not obliged to use, maintain or display your User Content.
15.5. Your content must not include:
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under law, or an obligation you have to a third party (such as confidentiality agreements)
- Content that reveals private information, such as your or another person’s identity; or sensitive information, including names, email addresses, phone numbers or addresses.
- Content that infringes, or could possible infringe, the rights (including intellectual property rights, copyrights and trademarks) of others.
- Content that can be interpreted by others as being harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, misleading, an invasion of privacy, immoral or otherwise offensive or illegal.
15.6. You are personally responsible and liable for Your Content. By uploading and publishing Your Content you acknowledge that it does not contain any confidential information, and may be seen by others.
15.7. You are not entitled to any payment or compensation from Platypus Shoes for our use of Your Content, or any User Content.
15.8. You can request removal of any User Content you Publish at any time by emailing us at https://help.platypusshoes.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new. Please ensure the subject line of your email is “ATTN: Online Content Manager – User Content”.
15.9. You can report violations of the third-party and user content terms by submitting a request via our website contact form available here: https://help.platypusshoes.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new. Please ensure the subject line of your email is “ATTN: Online Content Manager – User Content”.
16.1. Platypus Shoes does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through the website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses.
16.2. Platypus Shoes will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that any liability may be imposed on Platypus Shoes it shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
17. Promotions, Promotional Vouchers and Coupon Codes
17.1. From time to time, Platypus Shoes may hold promotions such as special offers and discounts in-store or online at our Website. These promotions may be provided across both our in-store and online channels, but may also be limited to in-store or online channels only. Please note that promotions in-store may be different to promotions online. We recommend that customers check the terms of each promotion in order to avoid disappointment.
17.2. On our Website, “Promotional Voucher”, “Gift Voucher” and “Store Credit” are used interchangeably. “Coupon Codes” and “Promo Codes” are also used interchangeably.
17.3. Please note that there is a distinction between a “Gift Voucher” and "Gift Cards/e-Gift Cards". This section only relates to “Gift Vouchers”, not “Gift Cards/e-Gift Cards”
17.4. We accept Promotional Vouchers and Coupon Codes as payment, or partial-payment, for certain or specified purchases online. It is your responsibility to read the specific details about your Promotional Voucher or Coupon Code as provided with your Promotional Voucher or Coupon Code. These additional terms may outline what your Promotional Voucher or Coupon Code can or cannot be used for, whether it has a minimum spend, whether it applies only to a specific product or group of products, whether it is available for a limited time or specified date range, and/or only available to a specific customer group.
17.5. We reserve the right to deny use of the Promotional Voucher or Coupon Code, and/or request an alternative means of payment for any reason, including where we have reason to suspect that there has been an attempt to deceive or defraud Platypus Shoes through the use of a Promotional Voucher or Coupon Code.
17.6. If the credit of a Promotional Voucher is insufficient to complete payment for an order, you can choose another accepted means of payment to cover the short fall. This could include an accepted Credit Card, PayPal, AfterPay or Gift Card where applicable.
17.7. Promotional Voucher and Coupon Code Exclusions:
(a) Unless otherwise specified, Promotional Vouchers and Coupon Codes cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards, Sale/Discount Merchandise and third-party or Non-Merchandised Product (e.g. Event Tickets).
(b) Unless otherwise specified, Promotional Vouchers and Coupon Codes are not available in conjunction with any other offer, including other coupon codes.
18. Gift Cards
18.1. Platypus Shoes Gift Cards can be purchased in store and are redeemable at any Platypus Shoes retail store in Australia or online at www.platypusshoes.com.au.
18.2. Gift Cards are valid for 3 years from the issue date, or until no amount remains on the Gift Card. Any balance that remains on the Gift Card after expiry will not be available for use.
18.3. Gift Cards cannot be exchanged (wholly or partly) for cash, reloaded, topped up or used to purchase other gift cards.
18.4. The value shown on a Gift Card includes GST.
18.5. Gift Cards are partially redeemable and any unused balance can be used for future purchases up to the expiry date.
18.6. Gift Cards should be treated like cash. Lost or stolen gift cards will not be replaced or refunded.
18.7. Items purchased using Gift Cards that are subject to our returns or refunds policy will be refunded as store credit. We reserve the right to issue you with a new Gift Card equivalent to the value of your refunded Gift Card purchase.
18.8. Should we suspect any fraud relating to a Gift Card, we may refuse to redeem the Gift Card until we are satisfied that no fraud has occurred.
18.9. We reserve the right to change these conditions at any time and will provide at least 14 days’ notice by posting the changes on this website. If you contact us within the notice period and do not accept the changes, we can cancel the Gift Card and refund you any value remaining on the Gift Card.
19. Sale Promotions
UP TO 50% OFF SELECTED STYLES - CYBER WEEKEND
Offer starts online at 4 pm AEDT Thursday 28/11/19 and in-store at 9 am AEDT Friday 29/11/19 and ends 11.59 pm AEDT Monday 02/12/19. Only available on selected styles with a strike-through price. Prices are as marked. This is not valid on full-priced items or in conjunction with any other offer. Subject to terms and conditions.
EXTRA 20% OFF ALL CLOTHING
Offer starts 6.00am AEDT Friday 29th November 2019 and ends 11.59pm AEDT Sunday 1st December 2019. Offer is available on any clothing item (not including accessories). Promotional discount needs to be applied at checkout or in the shopping cart, using code: CLOTHING20. Offer available on the following pages:
20. Store Activations
REEBOK X PLATYPUS ‘TRUE ICONS DON’T MAKE THEMSELVES’ AUGMENTED REALITY COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. By participating in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
3. This promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
4. The promotion commences on 5th DECEMBER 2019 at 09:00 am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) and entries close on 8th DECEMBER 2019 at 08:00pm AEDT (Promotion Period).
5. The promotion is only open to "Eligible Entrants". Subject to these Terms and Conditions, an Eligible Entrant is a person who (a) is an Australian resident; (b) is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry; and (c) submits their entry into this promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Employees, managers and directors of the Promoter and its related companies and suppliers and agencies involved in this promotion are not Eligible Entrants, nor are their immediate families.
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. To enter the promotion, an entrant must during the Promotion Period:
(a) Visit the Pitt Street Mall Platypus Store (Address: 144 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000);
(b) Go to the adidas reality execution space: second floor, Pitt Street Mall Platypus Store;
(c) Open, activate and complete the reality execution in the adidas reality execution space via their mobile device (instructions provided in-store);
(d) At the conclusion of the reality execution, complete and submit all mandatory fields of the promotion entry form via their mobile phone, including submitting a response in 25 words or less to the following statement: ‘True Icons Don’t Make Themselves: You’ve completed the treasure hunt and discovered the TRUE ICON (Reebok Club C). To discover the icons of the world in your Club C’s, tell us in 25 words or less, which iconic area of the world do you want to travel to and why?’
9. If an entrant’s contact details change, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter in writing.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter upon submission.
11. The winner will be the most creative response as determined by a panel of judges comprising representatives of the Promoter. The winner will be notified by email at the address nominated in their entry form (unless the entrant has notified the Promoter of a change to their contact details in accordance with clause 9) by 3pm Friday 13th December 2019. The Promoter may also announce the name of the winner on Platypus Australia’s Facebook page.
12. The winner will receive a voucher, through Platypus Australia, to be redeemed at Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, in the amount of AUD5,500 to be used solely for flights to and accommodation for the winner’s destination of choice. The voucher must be used for flights and accommodation between 1st January and 31st June 2020. Airfare, bookings and accommodation must be organised and determined solely by the winner.
13. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winner, over and above the prize offered. Should the flights and/or accommodation and/or combination thereof chosen by the winner exceed the voucher amount, the winner shall be responsible for the costs in excess of the voucher amount. Any additional costs associated with prize fulfilment (including but not limited to: travel to and from required airports, passport and visa costs, meals, drinks, transfers, spending money, travel/health insurance and any and all other incidental and/or ancillary costs) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact an entrant selected as a winner but accepts no responsibility if an entrant cannot be contacted. If an entrant selected as a winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to accept any element of the prize or is disqualified from eligibility as the winner of the prize pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, then that entrant will forfeit the prize in its entirety and the entrant with the next best entry (as determined by the judging panel) will be selected as the winner. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted or is disqualified from eligibility and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize, or any element of it, as stated. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part for something of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the prize is unavailable (subject to any applicable legislation). Prizes are not transferable, deferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or product. The prize cannot be sold to any other person (including by online auction or private sale). Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited, and no compensation will be payable in lieu of that element of the prize.
16. The winner accepts the prize at their own risk, however, nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies any rights under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law), the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any death, personal injury, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity and whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) suffered or incurred by any person (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) arising in any way out of or in connection with the promotion, the awarding or provision of any prizes, use of or participation in any of the prizes or the marketing of the promotion.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries in its absolute discretion. For example, the Promoter may disqualify: (a) any entrants or entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process; (b) incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries or entries containing false information or incorrect contact details; (c) any entries that contain material that is obscene, indecent, objectionable, defamatory, libellous or otherwise contravenes an applicable law or infringes any third party's rights; and (d) any entries that the Promoter considers inappropriate for any reason.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the details provided by entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The identification necessary for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. All entrants who are selected as winners consent to the Promoter using their name, image, likeness, character, voice or anything else that identifies them without remuneration in any media worldwide (including without limitation in national print media, on the Promoter's website and in other promotional material) for a reasonable time to publicise this promotion (including any outcome).
21. Each entrant must comply with these Terms and Conditions. Each entrant indemnifies and will keep indemnified the Promoter in relation to all loss and damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) by the Promoter as a direct or indirect result of the entrant acting inconsistently with or breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions.
22. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incomprehensible, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt in the promotional database.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination of these, or any other technical failures including any damage to an entrant's (or any other person's) mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Internet is not a secure medium and that the Promoter is not responsible for the security of on-line entries.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the promotion at any time, including if for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned.
25. The Promoter’s decision on all aspects relating to this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and release Facebook from all liability arising in respect of the promotion.
27. If any of these Terms and Conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
28. The Promoter is adidas Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 80 058 390 659) of Level 1, 37 Dunlop Road, Mulgrave, Victoria 3170.
FIND OUR LOST G-MAN
For full Terms and Conditions click here